16.3% P, 1.5% S, 24% Ca
Supplied ex Hastings Warehouse or through direct shipment to any NZ port
Supplied in bulk or bulk bags
Use in: Year round
Click here for freight rates to your farm
Why Use DDPhos:
Key benefits of DDPhos:
- Contains P In both water soluble (fast release) and non-water soluble (slow release) forms catering for your short and medium term Phosphate requirements while looking after your soil health. Get an instant lift from the Triple Superphosphate while getting the medium term lift and Biological benefits from the RPR.
- Fully granulated for ease and accuracy of spreading.
- Save on freight and application costs as a result of DDPhos’s high P content.
- Blend with Elemental Sulphur 90S to cater for medium term Sulphur requirements.
- Contains Dickie Directs market leading Fine Particle Granulated RPR, read below to find out more about this product.
Key benefits of RPR in general:
- P is in a non-water soluble (slow release) form. Not easily leached.
- Has a neutralising effect on PH. Has approximately 50% of the liming effect of standard Ag Lime. More importantly it is not acidifying the soil like other forms of Phosphate.
- Better suited to low PH soils and areas with higher rainfall.
- Non-acidic so good for soil health and biology.
Key Benefits of Dickie Direct Fine Particle Granulated RPR:
- Contains a high P content compared to alternative RPRs.
- Citric Solubility ranges from 37%-42% as a result of the product being ground to an average particle size of 74 Micron before the granulation process.
- Release period of 2-3 years in typical conditions.
- In a granule form giving it very good blending and application characteristics.
- Very low heavy metals with Cadmium testing at 1-2 PPM.
Precautions when applying DDPhos:
- No Precautions Necessary.
Phosphate's role in crops and pastures:
Phosphorus is an essential compound of Adenosine Triphosphate (ADP), the energising component driving plant development. Phosphorus plays an important role in photosynthesis as it enables plants to store and metabolise sugars, (the energy created in photosynthesis).The physical attributes in plants that are aided by phosphorus are:
- Larger root growth.
- Earlier formation of plant shoots.
- Improved stalk and stem strength in crops.
- Improved fruit, vegetable and grain quality.
- Promoted seed formation in crops.
- Increased resistance to moisture and colder temperatures.
When to use
Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring
Calcium's role in crops and pastures:
- Participates in metabolic processes of other nutrients uptake.
- Promotes proper plant cell elongation.
- Strengthen cell wall structure – calcium is an essential part of plant cell wall. It forms calcium pectate compounds which give stability to cell walls and bind cells together.
- Participates in enzymatic and hormonal processes.
- Helps in protecting the plant against heat stress – calcium improves stomata function and participates in induction of heat shock proteins.
- Helps in protecting the plant against diseases – numerous fungi and bacteria secret enzymes which impair plant cell wall. Stronger Cell walls, induced by calcium, can avoid the invasion.
- Affects fruit quality.
- Has a role in the regulation of the stomata.
DDPhos contains a blend of Triple Superphosphate and Fine Particle Granulated RPR catering for your short and medium term Phosphate requirements while looking after your soil health. We will change the rate of Triple Superphosphate to Fine Particle Granulated RPR in order to suit your farms exact requirements. Current numbers are shown on a 50:50 blend.