20% P, 1.5% S, 16% Ca
Supplied ex Hastings Warehouse or through direct shipment to any NZ port
Supplied in bulk or 1250 KG bags (included in price)
Use in: Summer, Autumn, Spring
Click here for freight rates to your farm
Triple Super is a high analysis phosphate source containing 20.5% P.
Why Use Triple Super:
- Triple Super is suitable for use when crops / pastures require phosphate without large requirements for nitrogen or sulphate.
- Triple Super is the cheapest form of phosphate when nitrogen and sulphur is not required and full value is not going to be obtained if nitrogen and sulphur were to be applied in the forms of DAP or Single Superphosphate.
- Compared to other phosphate products Triple Super contains a high percentage of phosphate meaning freight and application costs are generally cheaper compared to alternatives.
Precautions when applying Triple Super:
- No precautions
Phosphate's role in crops and pastures:
Phosphorus is an essential compound of Adenosine Triphosphate (ADP), the energising component driving plant development. Phosphorus plays an important role in photosynthesis as it enables plants to store and metabolise sugars, (the energy created in photosynthesis).The physical attributes in plants that are aided by phosphorus are:
- Larger root growth.
- Earlier formation of plant shoots.
- Improved stalk and stem strength in crops.
- Improved fruit, vegeatable and grain quality.
- Promted seed formation in crops.
- Increased resistance to moisture and colder temperatures.
Calcium's role in crops and pastures:
- Participates in metabolic processes of other nutrients uptake.
- Promotes proper plant cell elongation.
- Strengthen cell wall structure – calcium is an essential part of plant cell wall. It forms calcium pectate compounds which give stability to cell walls and bind cells together.
- Participates in enzymatic and hormonal processes.
- Helps in protecting the plant against heat stress – calcium improves stomata function and participates in induction of heat shock proteins.
- Helps in protecting the plant against diseases – numerous fungi and bacteria secret enzymes which impair plant cell wall. Stronger Cell walls, induced by calcium, can avoid the invasion.
- Affects fruit quality.
- Has a role in the regulation of the stomata.